A seemingly usual Tuesday

I went ice skating yesterday!!!

After more than 10 years of sabbatical, i had a sudden urge to do it again...I dont know why or what got into me, probably the desperation of wanting to do something during my weeklong rest...

Off we went to Mall of Asia, psyching ourselves and praying not to get humiliated.. It was a tuesday, so good coz there were not that many people in the mall. Lesser number of eyewitnesses seeing us at our clumsiest hahaha...

Of course we had to fill our stomachs first.. A weird theory of "fuller stomach, thicker skins" which simply translates the more satisfied you are with your tumtum the lesser you notice the stupid/embarassing thing you do :) So, we head off to choose where to eat and it was quite easy coz I was hungry I chose the first resto that caught my attention...Aristocrat!


Off we ordered our meal..Lumpia Shanghai for me with a trusty Sago't Gulaman.







Their famous BBQ chicken with Halo Halo for Marianna... Yum!!!










There we were stomachs full and bloated..






We figured we can't skate on full stomachs lest we announced what we had for lunch in the middle of the rink (eewwww!).

We decided to try out the video game place I had my eye on and wanted to try for the longest time... It was fun, a bit embarassing..We were trying our damnest not to look like we didnt know what we were doing which in fact the game of XBox and Playstations are alien to me. In the end though, it was exhilirating..I won!!! hahaha and I know how to work that thing already, a bit hahaha

After much stalling and deep breaths, we went and bought our tickets. The cool and icy atmosphere is a such a welcome, especially from the humidity and heat outside...

Here's Marianne silently cursing me for convincing her to join me in another crazy quest to escape boredom... (zowi!)









I can say to iceskating what they say about riding a bike, once you know how you dont forget how to do it... Much to my surprize, I wasnt up to my knees in bruises and scratches. I still knew how to do it, forget the fact that the last time I iceskated was when I was pre-pubescent.


It was something different from the usual routine and not to mention FUN!! There is that unspoken realization that we enjoy those childish activities that tells our inner selves to "f*CK iT and enjoy youself"...







We often forget to do what we want because we are so focused on what people would think and or what they would say about us...































But in the midst of tripping and stumbling, you figured SO WHAT!!! What is the worst thing that could happen??? If i would be asked to answer that, I'd say "not doing what you want, not doing what you think would be fun because you're worried of hawkers in your midst"







Yet again, this is what we should think if we are in this dilemma "FUGGEDABOUTIT!!! I should do what I want and enjoy....









***A picture of exhaustion and relief... We did it! We survived!!! wahaha...


....and we're planning to do it again with more friends too look silly with hahaha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits and Pieces

The Year!