Day Two: Ocean Park Adventure


We woke up ready to take on the new day. Today was solely devoted To Ocean Park, reliable fun Ocean Park. I have been to Hong Kong three times and have visited the Park three times also. We even opted for this instead of the newer and more popular Disneyland. We commuted yet again, and wewere getting the hang of travelling the public transportations in HK. We arrived in the bus station to Ocean Park and the line was gathering, we didn’t realize it was a Saturday. Good thing we arrived early so we he didn’t wait that long and the buses were coming one after the other.

The way to the park was scenic. I was with my favorite seatmate, my nephew Ackie. He was going on and on while I snap snap snap pictures of the fam and whatever struck my fancy. There was a Christian Cemetary that was so clean, very white, and put together. We passed under the mountain tunnel. Along the winding streets and small alleyways until we were finally there.

While Mum and my sis bought tickets, as designated photog I took pix of the first timers and the group shots in the entrance. When we came inside, my sis and bros planned which places and rides we wanted to take and the best routes to cover our basis.

We rode the Space wheel with my Bro seating in the front instead of supporting his wife in the back, nearly crushing her ribs and chest. What a gentleman! Hehehe… Tata opted out because he was scared of heights! What with the men in my family?! Hahaha
We tried the Raging River exciting my nephew and scaring my youngest Bro some more. We went into 2 logs, my parents, nephew and Tata in one while me, my sis and the couple in another. It was fun getting wet to start the day.


We watched the dolphin and seal show in the scorching heat of the sun, the friendly “bibo” dolphins and the elusive “suplado” seals. They were characters of their own outshining their trainers and other actors they share the limelight with.

We made the most of all the rides but I passed on the enterprise. I don’t find dropping oneself off from a hundred feet with just a belt to keep you safe… SAFE?! My brother prodded my sister to join him and my mum forced Faith, my sis in law to try it. The result? My Bro the brave looking scared shitless while the two girls smiling and enjoying themselves =)

We had our lunch in Ocean Café eating as famished as we looked. Ackie had his picture taken with a dolphin. He suddenly became a dolphin enthusiast after watching the dolphins in action. We went to the Atoll Reef to see Nemo and his fishy buddies.

Then we had to wait to ride the cable car, we didn’t expect the line to be uber looong and we had to wait for ages until we were able to ride… Since only 6 people can be accommodated in one car, bro and Faith had to take a separate one.. The two scaredy cats, Mama and Tata, were hanging on to dear life the whole time we were glding down... Ackie enjoyed the view sitting next to his Lolo.





When we landed down, it was Ackie’s turn because the lower area was for kids... Rides, Panda Bears, and Talking Giant Trees like in the Wizard of Oz..


We went home tired and happy. The whole clan was zonked out all thru the ride home. I love bus rides and the weird cemetery we passed by earlier was more eerily captivating at night. Arrived in the hotel and got some shut eye in preparation for tomorrow’s Macau experience.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits and Pieces

A seemingly usual Tuesday

The Year!