Holy Weakness

In lieu of the Holy Week, albeit delayed I just wanna post a refreshing take in reliving the journey and suffering of Jesus...


Im not the most religious person the world, heck Im sure I dont even make it to the top 20%, yet when I visitied the Bonifacio High St. in The Fort last April 12,2009 I was intrigued with the post and black shirted individuals manning them...


At the back of their shirts, it says "Church can be SIMPLE", and there were these posts that one has to follow just like one would in the way of the cross...

So after going about the place and dropping by the usual places of interest, curious lil me opted to forego the Walkway..

They have these posts that notes the way and a short facoids about it and there are also acts that the "followers" need to do.

Weird thing is, as I continue along the walkway a strange sense of peace and relief came over me..although i didnt intend to go there for prayer or reflection, I contemplated more than I would have if I went to the usual habit of praying the way of the cross. I guess God does have his own ways of calling us and He himself also knows which is the effective ways of touching our hearts.
It made me appreciate God's goodness and value Jesus' suffering to save our sins. It also gravitated my love for Mary seeing how selfless and full of love she is for her Child, she is an epitome of of Motherhood that we all should strive to follow.






Yes, Church can be simple


























1. Jesus in the gardens of Gethsemane







2. Jesus is betrayed by Judas
.


.
..
. .
..









3. Jesus before the Sanhedrin



.


.

.
.













4.Jesus is judged by Pilate





.



.










  
 5. Jesus is Scourged






















6. Jesus is crowned with Thorns








.
.
































7. Jesus carries His Cross














8. The Two Simons

We had to write a prayer for the person that was there before us, which I did as well as for my family and loved ones..

.







9. Jesus is Crucified









We had to nail a cross in contemplate on our sins...


10. Jesus enthrusts Mary to John
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.






11. Jesus promises Paradise to the Repentant Thief












12. Jesus Dies




.





13. Jesus Rises






















In the olden times, a carpenter would put a cloth with a stone on top to show that his work is done. When Peter visited Jesus' tomb he saw his burial clothes with a stone on top signaling that His Work is DONE and Jesus body was nowhere to be found...








14. Remembering Jesus

Last stop!!! We were given wine to drink and bread to eat. There was a table such as the Last Supper and there were benches that provided us time to contemplate and pray...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits and Pieces

A seemingly usual Tuesday

The Year!