Backpackin' Bangkok


Start of 2010 I realized: THIS IS MY LAST YEAR IN MY 20'S!!!
I thought to myself I should celebrate it with a bang and a hurrah...

********************************
Fast forward to September 3, 2010: I'm all packed for my Thai and Malaysia Backpacking Adventure.Woohoo!

Together with my trusty backpack, personalized itinerary, my partner in crime and what lil money we have scoured and saved up; we set off to mysterious and wonderful Bangkok!


*********************************

Come and check my Thai escapade,
 as they say a picture paints a thousand words so here goes...


Bird's eye view of NAIA terminal 3

Passport? Check!
Tickets? Check!
Departure cards? Check!

Ready, Jetset, GO!!!
 
Arriving in Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok

Public transpo is the best way to discover a new place

Pink Taxis. Sooo cute!


I didnt get to check everything on my itinerary but I guess spontaneity makes trips memorable. As my travel partner said "Just Chill and have FUN!". Since we were a tad too late to go to the Samphran Elephant Zoo and the nearby floating market, we luckily were guided to a 2 hour ride to magnificent Ayuthayya. It was a blessing since we still got to experience the floating market, giant buddhas, eating authentic thai cuisine, elephants and tigers, and explore more of Bangkok.
Welcome! Welcome!

Tasting authentic Thai "turo-turo"

 Pad Thai yumyums and Chicken Satay, anyone?

Lunching in Floating market

Ayuthayya and its variety of buddhas

Monkin' around...

 
It was a great 29th birthday!

Albeit no grand celebration occured...
 We planned to party the night away BUT was zonked as soon as we got to our rooms.
We didnt even get to experience Khao San nightlife (tsk tsk!)
we woke up with birds chirping and some backpackers still chugging down brewskies at 6am.

The next stop of our trip was Malaysia!
After culture laden Bangkok, we were off to modern up and coming Kuala Lumpur. I can't wait...

To the train, it is...
Bangkok Train Station, on my way to buy our KL tickets...

I just lurve travelling by MTR =)
  
The beauty of Bangkok!

*******************************************************************

I had the time of my life.
I get to finally say " I BACKPACKED!"
I walked until my feet were sore...
I got lost and found our way back...
My palate tasted something new...

I still have a lot of things I didn't get to experience and i can't wait to go back to amazing Thailand.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits and Pieces

A seemingly usual Tuesday

The Year!