Little Bird


May I know what you’re thinking, little birdie, up in the tree?

I came upon your sullen face, bad mood as moods can be.

I tried to crack a joke for you but no, it made you sour.

I hopped on a foot and did my balancing act I did that for almost an hour.

I scratched my head and asked myself why this bird was in such a fluster.

Was it something I did, something I said, did I do another blunder?

I retraced my steps and I pondered…

and pondered...

and pondered...

and pondered...


I wish I was a mind reader knowing your thoughts and whims.

Whenever I wave and say hello you’re either angry, sad or grim.

How can I make you happy, little bird? Tell me and I’ll make it come true.

Would you like me to disappear and stay the hell away from you?

Would you like me to forget and say this isn’t true?

Just a phase, a roller coaster ride, an adventure you didn’t think you can do?


Come out and say it, I know you can. Don’t cover your face in your wing.

I know you’re scared to face the truth, to see that you are this thing.

The thing that deep down in your heart of hearts, you know you both loath and fear,

If you look in the mirror and stare real hard, you’ll see it very clear.


The question now, little birdie, is if you’ll fly away?

Lead another lifestyle to keep it all at bay?

Or will we hold hands together and face whatever comes?

I’d rather hear a thousand curses than you just keeping mum.

So if you want, you can scream and shout

and let me know of what the hell this is all about.

Because bottom line what I want for you is to be young, happy and free.

Like the little young bird I used to know, so full of life and full of glee.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits and Pieces

A seemingly usual Tuesday

The Year!